- Model Magdalena Frackowiak's Insane Skincare Routine -
- "Firstly, don't touch your skin, because your hands have a lot of bacteria. I also believe in always using alcohol gel on your hands, because everywhere we're touching things.
- When I say goodbye to someone I don't kiss, because this also
has a lot of bacteria [laughs]. Don't kiss just anyone, that's my
- Never try to push a pimple. If you have one, the best thing you can do is to take a pure alcohol on a Q-tip, and delicately touch it.
- I'll often make myself a natural mask with honey and avocado, or I'll make a mask with oats and milk - oats are very good as a scrub to cleanse the skin. I also like pure oils - like avocado oil. I'll warm it in my hands and rub it in.
- When I wake up, I wash my face only with water, and I take a small towel and dab it gently.
- In terms of products, I use Doctor Alkaitis organic moisturiser - with no perfume, no chemicals; just natural products inside. I try wherever possible to keep my skin free from chemicals day-to-day. I have an amazing herbal toner from Dr Alkaitis, but very little else.
- I also like to make a hot bath for my skin: combine some oils and herbs and let the pores open, and then use a towel afterwards to gently dab the skin.
- Having said that, I see Dr Colbert in New York and he has an amazing three-part treatment: the first level is basically a machine that takes away all the dirt and cleans your skin; then there's a delicate laser that closes your pores; then the third level is an acid used like a peel. And that's the only treatment I will do.
- When I travel, I make sure I have a good natural moisturiser to rehydrate my skin, and once I'm on the flight I'll put on a mask and just sleep with it on.
- Make-up is also very important because it can clog your skin, and you don't want your skin to be clogged. There is an Armani foundation that I use, it's already very thin, but I'll mix it with a little moisturiser before I apply.
- Then vitamins, because vitamins nourish your skin from the inside out. Vitamin E, A, all the omegas, and fish oil are all very important - and also I like to eat chicken soup because it contains collagen. I eat a lot of avocado, a lot of fish, beef - because your skin is built from these oils. You need to care for the skin from inside. I can have pasta, trust me - I live in Italy. I'm not torturing myself.
- Another thing I do, and this comes from my mother, is I sleep
like this [mimes totally still, on her back, corpse pose]. You
don't want to wrinkle.
- The other things are quite obvious. I drink a lot of water, I like hot water and lemon to clear the skin. Don't smoke, and I don't drink alcohol at all. I'm 30 and I have not one wrinkle, so this is why. It's all about being very delicate with your skin and treating your skin like it's your best friend. I say to all the young models, who are there backstage with a cigarette: "Don't smoke!" It kills, you know, it really kills. You see that girl in 10 years and she won't still be working, you're like: "Wow, she changed so much," because she destroyed herself. Don't party too much, don't take drugs: you get the face you deserve.
- I like to stretch, I think it's very important for your body, so I do yoga and pilates, but I don't like to go to the gym and work out. I don't have that body type. Some girls, like Izabel Goulart, have that body and look great that way, but I treat it the same way as my skin; you have to be very delicate with your body. I don't like to have muscles, but I also don't like to be too skinny. Sometimes I notice I got too skinny, and even my skin will suffer - maybe if I've been working too much - but it's about balance.
- I'm really proud to say I turned 30, and I'm getting so many compliments now. I'm a woman and I took care of myself."