Matcha Hot Cocoa with Toasted Marshmallow Recipe
With winter temperatures finally reaching the valley, I am constantly reaching for something warm. As of late, I've been much more health conscious than in the past, and I've learned to love quirky, non-ordinary sweet treats. I stumbled upon a recipe while looking for Matcha recipes, and I found a drink that will forever take the place of my sugar-laden hot chocolate. As sad as I am to say goodbye, it feels so good to not put so much sugar into my body, and my skin will thank me for it later.
It's inevitable that we will snack on sweets during the Holidays, but that does not mean there aren't a few healthy switches we could make to be kinder to our bodies. Now, this isn't entirely sugar free, as it still contains real chocolate, but it's somewhat of a health alternative.
I want to share with you the recipe of Matcha Honey Hot Cocoa with Toasted Marshmallows, originally from How Sweet Eats:
- 1 (14-Ounce) Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey (I use Manuka Honey for extra benefits)
- 16 Ounces of White Chocolate, Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons of Ground Matcha Tea (I use this one, because it also contains peptides, coconut water powder, and collagen, it's so good for your skin!
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- Marshmallows, as desired
- Combine all the ingredients (EXCEPT the vanilla extract) in a sauce pan set to high temperature.
- Stir the ingredients constantly, until chocolate is thoroughly melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve immediately after taken off heat, and serve with marshmallows, if desired.
Let us know if you try this recipe, or if you have any other sweet treat switches you like to use during the Holidays!
Recipe & Photo courtesy of How Sweet Eats.